1. Why Organise a Retreat?
Take a few moments to visualise your retreat, who is there, what does it look like, what are you doing?
Be sure you know why you are organising the retreat, decide on your reasons or motivation from the beginning, this is important so you can always relate back to them and check if what you are doing is still inline with your initial goal.
Examples of reasons are
- Be a practitioner – You love what you do and want to reach more people with your skills and knowledge.
- Connect with students – Retreats provide far closer contact than daily/weekly sessions, think what you could achieve via multiple daily sessions?
- For Fun – You are looking for a challenge, have always wanted to see if you could run a retreat or perhaps you want to do something for your friends.
- Free Trip – You might just want to organise an event so you get to have a few days in the sun
- Make Money – This is a valid reason but should be combined with one of the above. Decide if you are looking for short term profit or if it is a long term business, this will impact how much money you aim to make from the first retreat you organise
Are you a budding retreat organiser?
Retreat organisers stay at Casa Gaia for free with one friend. Visit us to see the venue for yourselves and plan your retreat. Details
This Page forms part of a guide to starting a retreat.
- Why Organise a Retreat?
- What Retreat Are You Organising?
- Where Should I host My Retreat?
- Who Will Attend The Retreat?
- When Will The Retreat Be Held?
- How Do I Organise The Retreat?